The Key To Keeping Mice Out Of Your Durham Home
March 15, 2023 - mice
While they make cute pets and useful lab specimens, mice aren't all that wonderful when they're living uninvited in your Durham home. In this guide to keeping mice out of your home, you'll learn about the habits and behaviors of mice, how they can make you sick, why mouse traps alone won't get the job done, and the Durham pest control company to call for help: The Eco Man Pest Solutions.
Habits And Behaviors Of Common Mice
In the Durham area, we have house mice, one of the smaller varieties. However, they can leave big signs of mice in your house, including:
- Droppings: Mice produce 50 to 100 droppings every day. They're rod-shaped with pointed ends and about ⅛ to ¼ inch long.
- Gnaw marks: Indications of chewing can appear on your furniture, walls, floors, baseboards, doors, door jambs, pipes, cables, and electrical wires.
- Rub marks: These greasy streaks along your baseboards show where mice have been walking. They prefer to have one side protected by a wall at all times.
- Nests: House mice will burrow into your insulation, especially in your attic or near your hot water heater.
- Odor: House mouse urine gives off a strong odor. The more mice are in your home, the more noticeable this will become.
- Mice: House mice are light brown to dark gray, with cream-colored bellies. Their bodies are round, and their muzzles are pointed. Their head and body together are 2½ to 3¾ inches long, and their hairy tails add another 2¾ to 4 inches to their length.
If you see any of these signs, you need to know how to get rid of mice in Durham by calling The Eco Man Pest Solutions for help.
Can Mice In The House Really Make You Sick?
Mouse control in Durham is incredibly important because mice not only can really make you sick, they can make you really sick.
They carry several diseases, including:
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCM)
House mouse urine has been shown to cause allergic reactions in children, and their dried feces do the same. Also, mice can bring fleas and ticks into your home – and these parasites carry their own set of dangerous diseases with them.
All of these health issues can affect your family and your pets, so if you see any signs of mice anywhere in your house, contact The Eco Man Pest Solutions immediately.
Why Mouse Traps Aren't Enough To Get Rid Of An Infestation
When you have a mouse infestation, it may be tempting to just buy a bunch of mouse traps, bait them with peanut butter, and call that good enough. The problem is that for every mouse you spot running through your house, there are a dozen more you don't see.
Another reason mouse traps aren't enough is that house mice breed incredibly quickly. A female house mouse is sexually mature when she's six to eight weeks old and can have a litter of up to six baby mice every three weeks. She can have up to 35 babies every year. Now multiply that by the mice you don't see, and add another generation every six to eight weeks, and you've got a monster of a problem on your hands.
That's why, when you think you have mice in your home, you need professional rodent control services in Durham immediately. Call The Eco Man Pest Solutions as soon as possible.
The Pros To Call For Safe And Effective Mouse Control In Durham
At The Eco Man Pest Solutions, we're well aware that you need us to know how to get rid of mice in your Durham house and do just that. Our treatments include an inspection, treatments, and exclusion because our first priority is you and your family's safety. Contact us today to request your free quote and to learn more about our residnetial and commercial pest control services in Durham.
Thanks so much Eco Man for taking care of the Yellow jackets in my yard... Still gone after two weeks now. Bravo to a local company