The Trick To Reducing Mosquitoes On Your Durham Property
May 20, 2023 - Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes are considered nasty pests in the Durham area. Mosquitoes breed rapidly, and they are always on the hunt for blood. If you are outside while they are active, mosquitoes will constantly pursue you until you go inside or find a way to deal with them.
If you want to know how to keep mosquitoes away, The Eco Man Pest Solutions knows what to do. We know pest control in Durham, and we can help. Call us today.
About The Breeding Habits Of Mosquitoes
Mosquito control in Durham must address mosquitoes in all of their life stages. Mosquitoes have four distinct phases of life:
- Eggs: After feeding on blood, adult mosquitoes will lay their eggs either near or in water.
- Larvae: Once the eggs hatch, mosquito larva will spend their lives in water.
- Pupae: Mosquito larvae soon transition into pupae, which still live in water.
- Adults: Once mosquitoes reach adulthood, they leave the water and immediately start feeding, and the process starts all over again.
Mosquitoes breed quickly and can use almost any water source to do so. This can complicate DIY pest control efforts. If you need to know how to get rid of mosquitoes, get in contact with The Eco Man Pest Solutions. We have the skill and experience you need to get rid of mosquito infestations.
How Mosquito Bites Can Spread Dangerous Disease
Mosquito bites can be very frustrating in and of themselves. Mosquito bites can sting initially and then itch for an extended period. Unfortunately, that’s not the only negative aspect of mosquito bites. Mosquitoes feed by using needle-like appendages to pierce your skin. As they feed, they inject saliva into the bite area in order to keep the blood from thickening. If a mosquito feeds on an infected host, however, it can carry these infectious pathogens to every other host they bite afterward. Mosquitoes are associated with West Nile virus, dengue, encephalitis, and tularemia.
Don’t risk your family’s health. If you have a mosquito infestation, get in touch with The Eco Man Pest Solutions. We are the best way to get rid of mosquitoes outside.
Simple Ways To Make Your Property Less Appealing To Mosquitoes
Because mosquitoes can be so problematic and can potentially introduce your family to harmful pathogens, here are some ways to decrease your chances of having to deal with them or minimizing their impact if you do:
- Eliminate standing water: Mosquitoes use water to reproduce. Eliminate all standing water sources around your home to eliminate breeding opportunities for mosquitoes.
- Trim bushes and hedges: Mosquitoes like to hide in bushes and hedges. Keeping them trimmed can reduce the number of mosquitoes you may have to deal with.
- Mow grass: Mosquitoes prefer grass that is overgrown for the same reason they prefer overgrown hedges and bushes. Keeping your grass consistently mowed can help you minimize mosquito infestations.
- Avoidance: Mosquitoes are most active during dusk and dawn, and remaining inside at these times can help minimize how much interaction you have with mosquitoes.
- Protective clothing: If you must be outside during dawn or desk, one way to minimize the effects of mosquitoes is to wear protective clothing. Clothing that covers your arms and legs will decrease the ability of mosquitoes to bite.
- Repellants: Mosquitoes hunt by utilizing a sophisticated sense of smell. Quality mosquito repellents give off a scent that repels mosquitoes and keeps them from pursuing you when you are outside.
These are some ways to minimize your chances of having to deal with mosquitoes or the impact they can have if they still find you. The best way to keep mosquitoes away is to contact The Eco Man Pest Solutions. We have extensive experience dealing with area mosquitoes and can help you deal with yours.
The Stress-Free Way To Effective Mosquito Control
Mosquitoes can be a difficult problem to solve. They have many breeding opportunities in the wild, they are constantly on the hunt for blood, and they can track you anywhere you go in your yard with their keen sense of smell. Mosquitoes do not respond well to DIY pest control techniques. They do not respond well to bait traps, and infestations can quickly return if pest control methods don’t also include addressing the factors that draw mosquitoes in the first place.
If you have mosquitoes in your yard, the best thing you can do is contact The Eco Man Pest Solutions. Our seasoned, technical pest professionals have extensive experience controlling mosquito infestations, and we can help you with yours. Call The Eco Man Pest Solutions today. You will be glad you did.
Eco Man Pest are the best to work with that I've had in the Triangle since moving here 20 years ago and using at least 5 other companies thus far. The Technician was so nice, knowledgeable and efficient. Thanks again Tim...