The Best Way To Get Rid Of All The Fleas In Your Durham Home
If you are finding fleas all over your Durham home, you are not alone. Fleas can be a huge problem for homeowners in the area, whether or not you have pets. Not only are they a nuisance, but these pests can also cause major problems if left untreated. They can carry diseases and make your home feel dirty and uninviting. The good news is that there are some things you can do to get rid of fleas for good.
When you have a flea infestation in your Durham home, you probably have a lot of questions, such as "What's attracting them to begin with?" "Can they live on humans?" and "How can I get them out of my home?" The Eco Man Pest Solutions is here to answer all of your questions and help you get rid of your flea problem for good. We have more than 25 years of experience dealing with fleas, and we know how to get rid of even the most stubborn infestations. If you're at your wits' end dealing with pesky fleas in your home, read on.
What Is Attracting Fleas To My House?
Many people are surprised to learn that fleas are not just a problem for pet owners. While it's true that fleas often enter homes on pets, they can also come in through open doors and windows, on clothing, or even on your shoes. Once they are inside, they will start to lay eggs and multiply quickly. A single female flea can lay up to 50 eggs a day, so an infestation can get out of control quickly if it's not treated.
Your home makes an ideal environment for fleas because it is warm and has plenty of places for them to hide. Carpets, furniture, and bedding are all prime hiding spots for fleas. If you have a pet, they will likely spend a lot of time in these areas as well, which makes them even more attractive to fleas.
If you're wondering whether or not you have fleas in your Durham home, check for the telltale signs, such as:
- Bites on your skin that are itchy and red: Fleas bite humans as well as animals, and their bites can be very itchy. If you have bites that you can't seem to get rid of, it's a good indication that you have fleas in your home.
- Flea dirt: This is the feces of fleas, and it looks like small black specks. If you see this on your furniture or in your carpet, it's a good sign that you have fleas.
- Seeing fleas jumping around on your floors or furniture: Although they are small, fleas can be visible to the naked eye. Look closely, and if you see them jumping around, it's a good indication that you have an infestation.
If you see any of these signs, it's time to take action to get rid of the fleas. A flea infestation in Durham is a serious problem that should not be taken lightly. Rather than trying to figure out how to get rid of fleas on your own, trust the pros at The Eco Man Pest Solutions. We have the experience and expertise to quickly and effectively eliminate your flea problem. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment.
Can Fleas Live On Humans?
The answer is no; fleas are not able to live on humans for long periods of time because we do not provide them with the things they need to survive. These parasites prefer to live on furry warm-blooded animals such as dogs, cats, and rodents. However, they will bite humans if they are given the opportunity. What's more, they can cause a whole lot of other serious issues around your home, such as:
- Allergies: Some people are allergic to flea bites, which can cause redness, swelling, and itching. In severe cases, flea allergies can even lead to anaphylactic shock.
- Bartonellosis: This is a bacterial infection also known as "cat scratch fever." It can be transmitted to humans through flea bites and can cause a number of symptoms, including fever, fatigue, and headaches.
- Murine typhus: This is another bacterial infection that can be transmitted to humans from fleas. Symptoms include fever, chills, and nausea. In severe cases, it can even lead to death.
- Plague: Yes, the same plague that wiped out millions of people in the Middle Ages can still be transmitted by fleas today. Although it is rare, and no longer as deadly as it once was, it can still cause serious illness in humans.
- Tapeworms: These parasitic worms can be transmitted to both humans and animals through flea bites. They can cause a number of problems, including weight loss, diarrhea, and abdominal pain.
- Stress: Flea infestations can be very stressful, both for humans and animals. Dealing with an infestation is a time-consuming and frustrating process, and it can take a toll on your mental health.
As you can see, fleas are more than just an irritation; they can cause serious problems for both humans and animals. If you think you have fleas in your home, don't wait to take action. The sooner you get rid of them, the better.
At The Eco Man Pest Solutions, we have the experience and expertise to effectively eliminate even the toughest flea problems. Give us a call today to receive a free quote. We'll work with you to develop a customized Durham flea control plan that will get rid of the fleas in your home for good.
Can Fleas Bite People?
While fleas cannot live on humans, they can bite people. Fleas bites on humans are usually found around the ankles or legs since these are the areas that are easiest for them to reach. They will also bite other exposed areas of skin, such as the arms or neck. Flea bites can be very itchy and may even cause swelling or redness. In some cases, they can also lead to more serious health problems, such as anemia or tapeworms.
If you think you have been bitten by a flea, it's important to take action right away. The first step is to identify the source of the problem. If you have pets, they may be bringing fleas into your home from outside. To prevent this, make sure that they are treated with a flea preventive medication. You should also vacuum your home regularly and wash all of your bedding in hot water. If you suspect that you already have an infestation, the best way to get rid of fleas is to contact a professional Durham pest control company like The Eco Man Pest Solutions. We'll be able to identify the source of your flea problem and make sure these pests are gone for good.
How Can I Eliminate All Of The Fleas From My Home?
When it comes to fleas, prevention is key. Here are our top tips for preventing fleas from infesting your home in the first place:
- Keep your pets up to date on their flea preventive medications. This is the best way to prevent your pets from bringing fleas into your home. Talk to your veterinarian about the best flea treatment options for your pet.
- Vacuum regularly. Vacuuming is a great way to remove fleas and their eggs from your home. Be sure to vacuum all of the carpets, rugs, and upholstered furniture in your home.
- Wash bedding in hot water: Any bedding that could be infested with fleas should be washed regularly in hot water. This includes blankets, sheets, and pillowcases.
- If you have visitors in your home, ask them to remove their shoes before entering. This will help to prevent fleas from being tracked into your home.
- Inspect your pets for fleas on a regular basis and bathe them if necessary. Check their fur for fleas, eggs, or larvae. If you find any, give them a flea bath with medicated soap to help remove them.
If you have tried these measures and still can't get rid of the fleas, it's time to call a professional pest control company experienced in dealing with them.
The Eco Man Pest Solutions provides superior flea control services to homeowners in the Durham area. We approach infestations using the principles of Integrated Pest Management for long-term results. This means that we focus on both preventing fleas from entering your home and eliminating the ones that are already there.
When you contact us, one of our highly trained and experienced technicians will start by conducting a thorough inspection of your home. This will help us to identify the source of the problem and determine the best course of action. We will then work with you to develop a customized plan for your specific needs. Our treatments are always safe for humans, pets, and the environment, so you can rest assured knowing that your family is in good hands.
If you're ready to get rid of fleas in your home for good, call The Eco Man Pest Solutions today. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have and provide a free quote for our services.
Recent Blog Articles
Cockroach Control Done Right For Your Durham Home
March 30, 2023
Are you ready to fight a cockroach infestation in your Durham home? Find out by reading our post! It discusses everything you need to know about these pest...Read More
Bed Bugs: A Helpful Identification And Control Guide For Durham Homeowners
March 25, 2023
Have bed bugs overtaken your Durham property? Fight back! Our latest can help you identify the signs of infestation and when to call professionals for help...Read More