If you're a resident of Durham, you may be familiar with some of the nuisance wildlife that can be found in the area. Raccoons, squirrels, skunks, and more are all common sights, but they can also cause a lot of problems. These animals can cause a lot of damage to your property and may also pose a danger to you and your family.
At The Eco Man Pest Solutions, we're experts at getting rid of nuisance wildlife. We understand the challenges that these animals can pose and have the experience and knowledge to get rid of them quickly and efficiently. We'll discuss the dangers that nuisance wildlife can bring and provide some practical tips for preventing them from entering your home. We will also talk about the key to effective wildlife pest control in Durham and how our expert services can help.
Types Of Problematic Wildlife In Durham
We have a variety of animals that can cause problems for homeowners. Some of the most common nuisance wildlife in Durham include:
- Raccoons: These pesky creatures are notorious for raiding garbage cans, gardens, and even homes through pet doors or open windows. Raccoons can also carry diseases that can be harmful to humans, such as rabies.
- Squirrels: Squirrels are another common problem animal in Durham. They are known to gnaw on electrical wires, which can cause fires, and they also like to nest in attics and eaves. Squirrels can also carry fleas and other parasites that can be harmful to humans and pets.
- Skunks: Skunks are known for their strong smell, but did you know that they can also dig holes in your yard and spray your home with their foul-smelling scent? Skunks can also carry rabies and other diseases that can be harmful to humans.
- Opossums: Opossums are not as common as raccoons or squirrels, but they can still be a problem for homeowners. They are known to raid trash cans and gardens, and they can also carry diseases that can be harmful to humans.
- Bats: Although bats play an important role in our ecosystem, they can still be a nuisance for homeowners. They can sometimes enter homes through open windows or doors and can also carry diseases that can be harmful to humans, such as rabies. Additionally, their droppings can contain harmful bacteria that can cause respiratory problems.
- Birds: While you may not think of birds as pests, they can actually be quite problematic for homeowners when they nest in eaves or on porches. In Durham, the species of birds that are most commonly problematic are pigeons and starlings.
If you're unsure whether or not you have a problem with nuisance wildlife, check for signs such as unusual noises coming from your attic or chewing noises in your walls. You may also see animals entering your home through pet doors or open windows, or you may find damage to your property such as chewed wires or holes in your yard.
If you're still unsure, you can always contact a professional wildlife removal company to come and take a look. The Eco Man Pest Solutions can help you identify the problem and develop a plan to get rid of the nuisance wildlife.
The Dangers Nuisance Wildlife Brings
When wildlife animals invade your property, they can cause a variety of problems. In addition to damaging your home or yard, they can also pose a danger to you and your family. Some of the dangers that nuisance wildlife can bring include:
- Insulation damage: When animals nest in your attic, they can tear up the insulation, which can lead to higher energy bills.
- Roof damage: Animals can also cause damage to your roof, either by chewing on shingles or by digging holes in order to enter your home. Once they're in, they can nest in your attic or chew on electrical wires, which can lead to fires.
- Pipe damage: Animals can also damage your pipes by chewing on them or by using them as a way to enter your home. This can lead to costly repairs.
- Disease: Many animals, such as raccoons and bats, can carry diseases or bring parasites that also carry diseases that can be harmful to humans. These diseases can include rabies, hantavirus, and Lyme disease.
- Allergies: If you are allergic to animal dander or droppings, being exposed to nuisance wildlife can trigger an allergic reaction.
- Health hazards: Many animals that invade homes, such as raccoons and bats, can carry diseases that can be harmful to humans. Additionally, their droppings can contain harmful bacteria that can cause respiratory problems.
- Safety hazards: Wildlife can also pose a safety hazard to you and your family. They may bite or scratch if they feel threatened, and some animals, such as skunks, can spray you with their foul-smelling scent.
Having wildlife on your property can be a nuisance, but it is important to remember that they can also pose a danger to you and your family. If you suspect that you have a wildlife problem, it is important to contact a Durham wildlife control service to safely remove the animals from your property.
Five Practical Wildlife Prevention Tips
There are a few things that you can do to help prevent wildlife from entering your property in the first place. Our best tips for practical wildlife prevention include:
- Repairing any holes in your home: Animals can enter your home through even the smallest of openings. It's important to repair any cracks or holes in your foundation, and keep an eye on gaps around doors and windows.
- Securing food sources: If you have pet food or bird seed outside, make sure to secure it so that animals can't get to it. Additionally, keep your trash cans sealed so that animals can't rummage through them.
- Keeping your yard clean: A tidy yard is less likely to attract wildlife than a cluttered one. Be sure to remove any piles of wood or debris, and trim back any overgrown bushes or trees.
- Removing water sources: Animals are attracted to water, so you should remove any standing water from your property. This includes fixing any leaks, emptying kiddie pools when not in use, and draining bird baths on a regular basis.
- Using fencing: A fence can help to keep animals out of your yard. Be sure to choose a fence that is high enough and made of material that animals cannot chew through or dig under.
By following these tips, you can help to prevent wildlife from entering your property in the first place. However, if you do suspect that you have a wildlife problem, be sure to contact a wildlife pest control professional for help.
At The Eco Man Pest Solutions, we will be able to help you get rid of your nuisance wildlife problem quickly and safely. We offer a variety of services to fit your needs, and our team of experts will be able to provide you with the best possible solution for your unique situation.
The Key To Effective Wildlife Control
If you already have a wildlife problem on your property, you may be tempted to try to solve it yourself. However, there are a few reasons why this is not a good idea. First, many of the methods that people use to try to control wildlife, such as traps and poisons, can be dangerous. Second, the animals themselves can be dangerous, and you could be injured if you try to remove them yourself. Finally, even if you are successful in removing the animals from your property, there is no guarantee that they will not just come back.
The best way to solve a wildlife problem is to contact a wildlife expert who can safely and humanely remove the animals from your property and take steps to prevent them from returning. At The Eco Man Pest Solutions, we have more than 25 years of experience in wildlife management, and we can help you get rid of your problem quickly and effectively. We use the latest technology and techniques to safely and humanely remove animals from your property, and we offer a variety of services to keep them from coming back. We will work with you to find a solution that is safe for you, your family, and the animals.
When you contact us, we will come to your property and assess the situation. One of our experienced professionals will perform a thorough inspection of your Durham home and property to identify the entry points that the animals are using to get inside. We will then develop a customized plan to solve your problem. We will also provide you with tips on how to keep animals out of your home in the future.
If you are dealing with a wildlife problem, don't wait any longer to call The Eco Man Pest Solutions. We will work with you to safely and humanely remove the animals from your property so that you can get back to enjoying your home. Contact us today to learn more about wildlife removal in Durham or to receive a free quote for our services.
Recent Blog Articles
Cockroach Control Done Right For Your Durham Home
March 30, 2023
Are you ready to fight a cockroach infestation in your Durham home? Find out by reading our post! It discusses everything you need to know about these pest...Read More
Bed Bugs: A Helpful Identification And Control Guide For Durham Homeowners
March 25, 2023
Have bed bugs overtaken your Durham property? Fight back! Our latest can help you identify the signs of infestation and when to call professionals for help...Read More